The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat was established in the year 1960 as an extra-ministerial organization tasked with overseeing the administration of all government scholarships, both domestically and internationally. The name of the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Registrar is Kingsley Agyemang.
The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat interview date and time will be scheduled after completing the online aptitude test. All applicant has the choice of selecting the location where they want their interview to be done e.g. GES Council Building, and North Ridge.
The primary focus of the Ghana Scholarship secretariat is on Human Resource Development, Employment, and Productivity, which aligns with the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA) and Goal 4 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
Table of Contents
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Local scholarships
The Postgraduate Students in Ghana’s Public Tertiary Institutions receive bursaries and thesis payments from the Local Tertiary Awards.
The award also covers the payment of Long Stay Allowance for students studying medical science at public tertiary institutions in Ghana and Disability Grants to physically challenged Ghanaian students enrolled in tertiary institutions.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Requirements Eligibility
- You Must be a citizen of Ghana Before you can Apply
- You must meet all the selection requirements set out by the Secretariat
- You Must apply and receive an Offer of Admission from the school
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat benefits
- Tuition fees
- Ancillary fees
- A stipend for living expenses
- Health and living insurance plan
- Cost of return airfare
How to Apply for the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
There are four steps involved in Ghana’s scholarship secretariat online application processes
- The first step is to log into www.scholarshipgh.com to sign up for the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
- The second step is to Create an account by supplying your personal details
- The third step is to carefully complete the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat application form
- The last step is to complete the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat aptitude test
Click here at www.ghanascholarshipsecretariat.com to download the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Accra application form.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some of the common Ghana scholarship secretariat interview questions and tips for how to answer them:
1. Tell me about yourself.
Focus on highlights of your background, interests, academics, goals, and why you deserve the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat. Share a story that shows your character. Keep it concise and positive.
2. Why are you applying for this scholarship?
Explain how the Ghana Secretariat Scholarship Accra connects to your background, interests, academic major, and future goals. Show you understand the scholarship’s mission. Express your financial need.
3. What are your academic interests and how did you develop them?
Discuss one or two academic subjects you enjoy and what sparked your interest. Share relevant experiences like classes, projects, and internships. Convey your enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity.
4. How will you give back to the community if awarded this scholarship?
Give examples of your past community service activities. Discuss specific ways you hope to give back in the future. Align with the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Accra service goals. Express your passion for helping others.
5, What are your career goals and how will this scholarship help you achieve them?
Explain your intended career field and discuss how your education will prepare you. Show how the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Accra will enable you to afford tuition or pursue opportunities like studying abroad. Demonstrate you have a plan.
6, Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they reflect your character.
Choose academic or extracurricular achievements that require dedication, teamwork, leadership, or overcoming challenges. Explain the process and skills you gained. Keep it relevant.
7. What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
Pick a failure unrelated to academics/ethics. Explain the situation, but focus on the lessons learned about perseverance, problem-solving, and self-improvement. Emphasize the maturation and growth from the experience.
8. How have you overcome challenges and adversity in your life?
Briefly describe the challenge, then extensively explain how you approached and overcame the situation. Demonstrate resilience, determination, and strength of character. Keep it positive.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
Outline your expected education and career path. Explain how the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat will help launch you toward those goals. Convey focus, passion, and a vision for your future contributions to your field.
10. Why should we pick you for this scholarship over other applicants?
Summarize your most relevant qualifications, achievements, and characteristics. Express your enthusiasm and fit for the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat mission.
Convey what sets you apart from other applicants and makes you deserving. Be positive – don’t compare yourself to others.
How To Download and Print Your Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Aptitude Test Results
To print your Ghana Scholarship Secretariat result you need to follow these four steps:
- Log into the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat result checker portal https://www.scholarshipgh.com/
- After you have logged into the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Aptitude Test Results portal using the email and password you provided when doing the registration.
- Once you have successfully logged into the portal, at the top right corner locate the current scholarship button and click on it.
- click on the Ghana Scholarship secretariat aptitude test result, once it opens you can print it out for self-use.
Documents Needed at the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Ground
- National ID card
- Aptitude test result
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat foreign scholarships
Scholarships for tertiary education in a foreign nation are included in foreign tertiary awards. A bilateral cooperation agreement between the governments of Ghana and the awarding nation serves as the foundation for this.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat foreign scholarship countries
- German Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
How to Apply For the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat foreign scholarships
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration receives all scholarship offers under bilateral cooperation agreements.
The following are the responsibilities of the Secretariat in the management of these scholarships:
- They do promotion on the notice board and website of the Secretariat, as well as in one nationally distributed newspaper
- Accepting and handling applications in accordance with eligibility requirements
- The committee conducts the interview process and application selection.
- The committee collates and do the submission of the chosen candidates to the nation giving the award for additional thought.
- Notifying the successful candidates of their Scholarship rewards.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat login
To log into the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat you must have created an account on the Ghana Secretariat scholarship portal. Click this web page https://www.scholarshipgh.com/ to log into the Ghana Secretariat scholarship portal.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Foreign scholarship deadline
The closing date for the Ghana scholarship secretariat is November 24, 2023.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat deadline
The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat starts on the 1st of April and closes on the 15th of May every year.
Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Contact Details
- contact number: 0302 9629 28, 0302 9629 29, 0302 9629 30, 0302 9629 31
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Website: www.ghanascholarshipsecretariat.com
- GPS Address: GA 028-2065
- National Merit Scholarship Requirements
- 100, 250, and 500-word Essay on Why I Deserve a Scholarship
- 45 Compelling Reasons Why I Deserve a Scholarship: A Comprehensive Guide for Deserving Students
- How to Write a Standout Scholarship Application Letter for High School