Zenith bank token Hardware Security is a device that guards and protects Zenith Bank Internet Banking transactions. The Hardware Security Token is personal to you and shall only be used with your Internet Banking Access Code, User Name, and Password. The Token shall provide additional security for your internet banking transactions.
How much does the zenith bank token cost? The zenith bank token costs three thousand five hundred naira only (N3500) per unit, any foreign resident or customer that needs the hardware security token to be sent across through courier service shall agree to pay an additional fourteen thousand naira (N 14,000.00) being the cost of delivery of such Token to the address of his choice and is subject to review by the bank should there be a price review by the courier firm.
The cost of shipping the Token will be deducted forthwith from the customer’s account.
For a misplaced or stolen Hardware Security Token, the customer shall request a replacement to enable him/her to transact on Zenith Internet Banking. The cost of Token and associated courier costs shall also apply.
Any customer that requires Hardware Security Token to be released to a third party shall sign an Indemnity Form to hold the Bank harmless and fully indemnified against all losses, claims, demands, liability or suit, action and damages arising from the release of the Hardware Security Token.
- The risk of unauthorized transfer of monies from my account;
- The Loss, damage, or misplacement of the Hardware Security Token
- The event of the token further getting into the hands of an unauthorized person after its release to my proxy
- The loss-in-transit or unauthorized usage of the Hardware Security Token during transit or whilst in the custody of my nominated courier service.
How to create pin for zenith bank token
The easiest way to create a zenith bank Hardware Token PIN during money transaction or any other form of money transfer, at the last stage of the transaction which is to supply zenith bank pin and token number, turn on the token and click on the button to generate a pin. The Hardware Token Pin Creation lasts for just one minute.
If you want to make a Zenith money transfer, airtime/data recharge or bill payment, etc, you can use the token only if you have selected the option to do so.
What is zenith bank token code?
zenith bank token code is a combination of six (6) numbers that are used to validate payment transactions, and the zenith bank token expires after one minute, so it is advisable to use the OTP pin very fast.
How to retrieve zenith bank token
To get a Token, you will need to fill out a Token Request form at the branch nearest to you. If you already have Internet Banking, you can fill out a Token Request Form at any of our branches or, you can go to ‘Other Services’ on the Internet Banking side menu and select ‘Token Request’
Does Zenith Bank token expire?
The zenith bank token does not expire but can get damaged if not properly handled by the user, the proper way to keep the zenith bank token safe is to keep it away from water, dust, sweat, or any form of liquid that can easily penetrate the device.
zenith bank token for mobile app
ZENITH e-Token App is a mobile application that generates one Time Passwords (OTPs) used in the authentication of electronic transactions. A one-time password (OTP) is a series of characters that automatically authenticates the user for a single transaction or session. It is also an alternative to the Hardware Token.
zenith bank transfer limit with token
With a zenith bank token, customers can now transfer to the maximum limit of five million naira on a daily transaction ( 5,000,000), unlike the normal transaction where you can only transfer 100,000 as a limit.
How to activate zenith bank token
you can Activate and Start using the zenith bank eToken App in two (2) Simple Steps.
To instore the app on your phone search for Zenith eToken App on the play store or the app store and download the eToken App.
Activate the App using the activation details stated below
step 1: you can register as an Individual
- Select Activation Method
- Hardware Token: Account Number + 4-digit Server PIN and Hardware Token Code
- Debit Cards: Account Number + ZENITH Bank issued ATM card (last 6-digits of the customer’s PAN #) and the 4-digit card PIN
- Quick Access: Visit Bank branch and generate activation code required for enabling access on the E-token App
step 2: you can register as a Corporate
- Select Activation Method
To get quick access Visit any zenith Bank branch and generate the activation code required for enabling access on the E-token App
This security device must not be shared with anyone else irrespective of your relationship. The type of accounts you can access will not change when you activate your Hardware Security Token, however, the moment your Token is activated, your Hardware Security Token will be required to authenticate and authorize your internet banking transactions.
The event of the token gets into the hands of an unauthorized person and transaction is transmitted using the token, the bank is fully indemnified against all losses, claims, demands, liability or suit, action, and damages arising from such transaction.
The standard transfer limits on Zenith Internet Banking apply except otherwise stated by Zenith Bank Plc.
You shall keep your hardware security token safe and secure and advise us immediately on 012787000, 2927000, 4647000, 0700ZENITHBANK if lost, stolen, or misused. Zenith Bank will deactivate your security token and arrange
for a replacement to be sent to you upon request. However, a security token replacement and cost of delivery if sent through courier will apply.
If you have any queries about the Hardware Security Token after reading this term and conditions and the hardware security token End-User, The agreement, do not hesitate to call Zenith Direct on 012787000, 2927000, 4647000, 0700ZENITHBANK.
How to use zenith bank token
- Don’t reveal your zenith bank PIN to anyone and DO NOT write it anywhere on a sticker and behind the token.
- When creating a PIN, avoid using repeated numbers such as 1111, 2222, 3333, etc
- If you think someone has seen your PIN, please change it IMMEDIATELY.
- Exercise care not to lose your Vasco Security token or allow it to be stolen. If your token is missing, report to Zenith Direct (firstname.lastname@example.org) and call 01-2927000, 01-2787000,01-4647000, 0700 ZENITH BANK immediately. It will be disabled so that it is useless to unauthorized users.
- Do not let anyone access the system using your identity (i.e., log in with your PIN and a code from your Vasco Security Token). You will be held liable if your token is used by someone else!
- If you enter your token dynamic code and it fails to login, press the button to generate a new six-digit code and try again.
- Your Vasco Security token contains delicate and sophisticated instrumentation. The token casing, LCD, and silicon chip will break if abused. Protect it from physical abuse. Do not immerse it in liquids, do not expose it to extreme temperature, and do not put it under pressure, a seat on it, or bend it.
- Keep your token device safe and guide it always.
The customer expressly understands and agrees that the use of the service is at his sole risk. The service is provided on an available basis. The Bank expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
The bank makes no warranty that:
- The service will meet customer requirements
- The service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free
- The results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable
- The quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by the customer through the service will meet your expectations, and any errors in the technology will be corrected.
All material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Token is done at the customer’s own discretion and risk and the bank is not responsible for any damage to the customer’s computer system or loss of data that results
from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the customer from us or through or from the service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.