The Burger King Scholarship checks for the 2024/2025 academic year will be mailed out in early August, specifically around the 10th of the month.
The Burger King Scholars Program has provided close to $60 million in scholarships to over 45,000 students throughout North America since the year 2000. Our objective is to award one scholarship for every Burger King restaurant in North America, amounting to over $7 million annually!
The Burger King Scholars program offers scholarships in amounts varying from $1,000 to $60,000, catering to high school students as well as Burger King employees and their families. These scholarships aim to alleviate the financial burden of college or pursuing post-secondary vocational/technical education.
The selection of recipients involves an application process that evaluates factors such as grade point average (GPA), work experience, extracurricular activities, and community service. In the year 2022, the Foundation granted scholarships exceeding $4.6 million to almost 4,000 students.
- Academic achievements
- Participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Financial information
- Length of employment (enrichment awards only)
Who is Eligible
- Students receiving the award can transfer between schools within the same academic year while retaining their award, as long as the new institution and their enrollment meet the eligibility requirements.
- The majority of scholarships are $1,000 non-renewable grants. Awards are limited to the cost of study.
- The number of candidates and the amount of funding available will decide how many awards are given out.
- The scholarships can be used at authorized two- or four-year colleges and universities in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada toward tuition, fees, or books needed for a course load. (Note: Awards may be used by employees, their wives, or domestic partners, to enroll in enrichment classes at recognized universities).
- Applicant must have a cumulative 2.0 or better high school GPA on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- You must be living in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam or Canada
- You must be a high school senior in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Guam; be a grade 12 graduate in Canada; or be a graduate of homeschooling in any of these countries.
- You must Aim to enroll continuously for the whole 2024–2025 academic year in a two- or four-year authorized college, university, vocational-technical institution, CEGEP, or equivalent in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada.
Burger King Scholarship Application
The first step is to select the “Create an Account” link located at the bottom of this page. To create a student account, you must create a username and password. An email validation procedure will notify you prior to the creation of your account. Using a working email account is required. Filling out the student profile with the necessary information is the last step in creating your account.
Once you’ve created your student account and furnished your profile details, you’ll gain entry to the application. Throughout the application process, you can navigate away from the site by utilizing the Log Out or Save and Log Out links available on the platform. To log back in, you’ll need to input your username and password, which were provided during the registration for a student account.
Consider collecting the following information required for the application process:
- A current (official or unofficial) transcript of grades
- A summary of your professional background and interest in academic and extracurricular pursuits
- Employee details from BURGER KING if your application is associated with an employee.
Examine your application thoroughly before submitting it. It is advised that you print off a hard copy of your application to keep on file. Scholarship America or the BURGER KING® Foundation should not receive printed copies of the online application.
To apply, all application pages including required fields must be filled out as specified. When entering data, use standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 101 Main Street, New York, NY). No modifications can be made to the application after it has been submitted.
The Burger King Scholarship application starts from October 16, 2023, to December 15, 2023. Nevertheless, it’s essential to note that the acceptance of applications will be limited to 50,000 submissions.
Should this cap be reached before the deadline, the application portal will be closed. Following submission and the deadline, students will retain access to their portal, allowing them to review their submissions, receive status updates, and update profile information.
However, it’s important to emphasize that no alterations or additions can be made to the application post-deadline.
How to Check Scholarship Status
After 24 hours, an email is issued to confirm receipt of the application. Your registered email address will receive the acknowledgment. Please email [email protected] or call 507-931-8340 to reach Scholarship America if you do not get an acknowledgment within a day.
Is the Scholarship Taxable
Generally speaking, as long as the scholarship is utilized for approved costs like tuition, books, and fees, it won’t be taxable. To ascertain whether or not it is taxable under his or her specific circumstances, the beneficiary should speak with a tax advisor.
Is the scholarship Renewable?
The Burger King Scholarship is not renewable, recipients of the $1,000 Employee-Based Track may reapply annually, given they meet eligibility criteria, and can receive a maximum of four awards, totaling up to $4,000.
Scholarship transcript requirements
a current, comprehensive transcript of grades from high school or college. Reports on grades are not allowed. Online or unofficial transcripts must include the student’s name, the name of the school, the credit hours and grades for every subject, as well as the term the course was taken.
Can Home School Students Apply?
Yes, as long as the student satisfies the program’s requirements.
Burger King Scholarship Contact Details
Contact us if you have any questions or would like to donate.
- Call us at 305.378.3457
- Please email us at [email protected]
Write to us at
Burger King Foundation
5707 Blue Lagoon Dr.
Miami, FL 33126