The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship that provides full funding to brilliant individuals worldwide so they can attend the University of Oxford full-time.
When are Rhodes Scholars Announced?
The Rhodes Scholars announcement is made on Saturday, November 11, 2023. These 32 Exceptional students will begin their studies at Oxford in October 2024.
Among the 862 applicants who had been nominated by their colleges and universities, they were chosen. They are now going to finish their applications so that they can start classes at Oxford University next year in a variety of academic subjects.
The Rhodes Scholars will receive a stipend of £19,092 per year, or £1,591 per month, for the 2023–2024 academic year.
This money will cover all living expenses, including housing. Please be aware that this does not cover dependents or partners.
All the recipients must complete a minimum of one degree a master’s, doctorate, or second bachelor’s degree at Oxford University is required of Rhodes Scholarship recipients.
Rhodes Scholar age limit
The age that is acceptable by the Rhodes scholarship platform is 18-23 on 1st October 2023
Rhodes scholarship criteria
Today, we are guided by the same criteria that were used in 1902 to pick the first Rhodes Scholars:
- Academic excellence
- The ability to use one’s talents to the full
- moral strength of character, natural leadership, and concern for other people.
- truthfulness, bravery, commitment to duty, empathy for the defense of the defenseless, kindness, selflessness, and camaraderie
How to get a Rhodes scholarship
Before you can get the Rhodes scholarship award there are six major components of the application process you need to work on.
- Choice of Oxford Course
- Academic Statement
- Personal Statement
- personal statement with Rhodes Scholar
- Reference Letters
- Social Engagement
- Final Interview
To know whether you are eligible for the Rhodes scholarship you may check your eligibility by clicking “Check your eligibility” after entering your country in the box below.
We advise you to select the nation you have the greatest ties to, such as your citizenship country or the one you have been in for the longest if you have several citizenships or have lived in other countries.
After clicking Check your Eligibility link scroll down and Enter the name of your nation or region in the space provided.
It will then show up in the list below, where you may choose it by clicking. Please enter your nation and choose Other if you are unable to find it.
To apply for the United States of America’s Rhodes Scholarship including all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and American territories such as Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the American Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
- You must fill out and submit our online application by October 4, 2023, at 23:59 Eastern Time, to be considered for the Rhodes Scholarship.
- The Rhodes Scholarship application form does not need an application fee, however, you must submit it online since we are unable to accept applications in any other format.
- Before enrolling at the University of Oxford for the subject you want to do, you should apply for the Rhodes Scholarship. Upon selection, Rhodes Scholarship recipients must utilize the University of Oxford’s graduate application form to apply to the course of their choice, with assistance from the Rhodes House staff.
- Suppose your initial application for a Rhodes Scholarship is not successful. In that case, you may only reapply once again, and it must be within the same constituency, provided you still fit the requirements.
Documents Needed for Application
- A CV
- A Personal Statement
- A total of at least five, but not more than eight, referees
- An Academic Statement
- Evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria
- The course(s) you would like to study at the University of Oxford
- Your details, such as contact information
- Your education history including your university transcripts
Please do not include a photo in your resume. Your resume should be completely truthful and an equitable depiction of your accomplishments. It is to be expected that certain aspects would be examined for errors and embellishments.
Applications that contain material misrepresentations risk being rejected, and in certain cases, scholarships may be revoked. Exaggerated roles, accomplishments, involvement, and biographical details; adorned publishing lists; and grade inflation are a few instances of deception.
Rhodes scholar list
To get the list of Rhodes scholarship winners from 1903 till date, search any Rhodes Scholar by First Name, Last Name, Country, College, and Year, and use the “Search database” feature.
Rhodes Scholars by university
To get the complete list of Rhodes scholars by the university from 1904 till date click this Number of Winners by Institution
what does it mean to be a Rhodes scholar
The Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious international postgraduate award for students to study at the University of Oxford.
Being selected as a Rhodes Scholar is an immense honor and recognition of a student’s intellectual, academic, extracurricular, and leadership achievements. It demonstrates that the scholar possesses outstanding scholarly qualifications, character, commitment to service, and the potential to make a significant contribution to society.
Rhodes Scholars are chosen not only for their academic excellence, but also for their energy, ambition, and potential for leadership in their chosen careers. They must demonstrate a commitment to service and the ability to work with others to achieve common goals.
In summary, being named a Rhodes Scholar represents joining an elite community of globally-minded young leaders. It is a marker of immense potential and an opportunity to expand one’s scholarship and leadership abilities to improve the world.