Our almost two decades of experience with the scholarship program clearly supports our conviction that when one family member graduates from college, the scholar may support another sibling’s education and act as the key to rescuing their family from poverty.
We support young people in realizing their potential and pursuing their aspirations by offering the SM College Scholarship.
SM Foundation scholarship monthly allowance
They receive free tuition and other costs, a monthly allowance of P2,000 for students in the provinces and P3,000 for those in Metro Manila, fun-filled enrichment events like Christmas parties and recollections, the chance to work at SM throughout the holidays and summer vacations, and more.
What is the SM Foundation scholarship?
Henry “Tatang” Sy, Sr., the late founder of SM, had a vision that led to the creation of the SM Scholarship Program. He thought that sending a child from a low-income family to college would provide that child with greater chances to find productive employment and, ultimately, improve the family’s financial situation.
SM Foundation scholarship benefits
The following advantages are provided to recipients of the SM College Scholarship:
- college education with complete funding
- monthly stipend
- possibilities for part-time work over the semester and during the holidays.
- In addition to these benefits, scholars will be given unique employment options with the SM group.
ALSO, READ-What is the Schulich leader scholarship?
SM Foundation scholarship requirements
The prerequisites for becoming a scholar are as follows:
- You must have completed Grade 12 in high school from a public school or have graduated from a private high school with a DepEd voucher after finishing Grade 10 in public schools in the following areas:
- NCR, Bataan, Batangas, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, and Zambales are among the provinces of Luzon.
- Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental, and Visayas
- South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, Zamboanga del Sur, and Mindanao
2. A Grade 12 first semester overall weighted average of at least 88%, or its equivalent.
3. With a combined annual household income of P150,000 or less.
Required Documents for the SM Foundation Scholarship:
- Properly filled out the application
- Birth record with PSA certification
- Documentary attachments must be included with the application
- Latest grade 12 or fourth-year transcript
- Parent/Guardian Income Tax Return for 2017; Indigency Certificate; Certification of Income Not Filled
- 2×2 ID picture
- The location and drawing of the house closest to an SM mall
How to apply for a scholarship in the sm foundation
A step-by-step process to becoming an SM Foundation Scholar is provided below:
- Online Application Form
Use a computer with a strong internet connection to visit SM Scholarship. On the home page, click the STUDENT tab, then press the Register button. After completing the online application, upload the remaining supporting documentation.
Your parent’s or guardian’s 2017 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency;
Latest Grade 12 or 4th-year report card
2 x 2 ID picture
Sketch of home to the nearest SM mall
- Application Confirmation
Within seven days of submitting your online application, go into the SM Scholarship Online System to confirm your scholarship application. Your application will be void if you don’t confirm it within this time frame.
- Continually await notifications
The Foundation will now review and appraise your application and supporting papers. Notification through email will let you know if you’re eligible, or if your application is incomplete or invalid.
- Passing the online test
Within 15 days of receiving confirmation of your online application, you will get the exam schedule by email. On the same day as the announcement of the exam results.
- Web-based interview
The SM Foundation will interview exams via Google Meet. We’ll email you the interview schedule and outcomes.
- Online Home Visit
The SM Foundation staff will conduct random virtual home visits via Google Meet with applicants who passed the interview after the exam and interview.
- School and Course Confirmation
Following the completion of each of the aforementioned processes, you will be called to confirm your chosen course and institution.
- The signing of the contract and orientation
You’ll get an email with the orientation schedule in it.
SM Foundation scholarship login
The time for online applications is from January 15 to March 15 of 2022.
SM Foundation scholarship courses
SM scholars can enroll in the following classes for the 2022–2023 academic year:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Management Accounting
SM Foundation scholarship partner schools
- Asia Pacific College
- National University – Manila
- National University – Fairview
- National University – MOA
- Far Eastern University
- FEU – Institute of Technology
- Jose Rizal University
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Marikina
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Philippine Normal University
- Philippine School of Business Administration (Manila)
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Main, San Juan, Taguig
- University of the East – Manila
- University of the East – Caloocan
- The University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Philippine Cultural College – Quezon City
LUZON Partner Schools
- Albay – Legazpi
- Bicol University
- Divine Word College of Legazpi
- The University of Sto. Tomas – Legazpi
- Bataan Peninsula State University
Batangas – Batangas City, Lipa, Lemery
- University of Batangas – Lipa and Main
- Batangas State University – Balayan, JPLPC, Main,
- Malvar, Nasugbu, Rosario
- De La Salle University – Lipa
- First Asia Institute of Technology And Humanities
- Lipa City College
- The Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Batangas
- Saint Louis University
- University of the Philippines – Baguio
- University of the Cordilleras
SM Foundation scholarship contact number
Tel: (632) 857-0100 loc. 1681
Email: [email protected]
SM Foundation scholarship deadline
The SM College Scholarship Program’s online application period for the academic year 2022–2023 will run from January 15–March 15 of that year.
Please be aware that walk-in applications will not be accepted; only online applications will be accepted. As new information becomes available, it will be made available.