The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL), established in 1998, is a state-owned company in South Africa tasked with administering and extending the nation’s growing network of national roads.
SANRAL seeks to assist deserving students who meet the necessary criteria in the fields of smart technologies, public sector infrastructure development and management, engineering and its related professions in the built environment, transportation infrastructure, and other professions connected to SANRAL’s core business.
How to win a SANRAL scholarship
Academic standing and financial need (to be established in accordance with the requirements of SANRAL’s Bursary Policy) will be the primary factors used to determine which scholars will be chosen. When deciding whether to give the scholarship in the end, SANRAL may also apply other pertinent conditions.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted and invited to an interview. Award letters will be given to the winners. Candidates should consider their application rejected if they don’t hear anything before January 31, 2023.
What is SANRAL all about
SANRAL is a separate corporation whose sole stakeholder is the South African government, as embodied by the country’s Minister of Transport. The company’s mission is to fund, develop, enhance, and maintain South Africa’s extensive national road system.
What does SANRAL scholarship cover
Depending on the needs of the students, full and partial bursaries will be given to cover the following costs:
- Registration costs
- Tuition costs
- Study materials and equipment
- A living stipend and
- Entry to the wellness program is all covered by the full scholarship.
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and
- Access to the wellness program.
Depending on the results of the means test, scholars will either get the entire or a portion of the bursary. The amount of financial aid SANRAL will offer is determined using a technique called the means test. Depending on the results of the means test, a family contribution may be necessary.
SANRAL scholarship requirements and eligibility
Before applying, candidates must meet the minimum admission requirements listed below (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will not be considered):
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- No one under the age of 35 may apply.
- You must have successfully finished or been enrolled in Matric.
- You must be enrolled in or accepted for full-time study toward one of the undergraduate or graduate degrees mentioned above.
- You must be enrolled in, or accepted to enroll in, a South African public tertiary institution that is recognized and approved (Universities, Universities of Technology, or TVET College)
- Matriculating students: You must have a minimum cumulative average of 70%.
- Students must have attained a minimum cumulative average of 60%.
- You must demonstrate a need for money.
- You cannot be receiving any other scholarship money at the moment that would pay for your registration, tuition, lodging, travel, meals, or books (if applying for the full SANRAL scholarship)
- Applications from students with disabilities are welcome.
How to apply for the SANRAL scholarship
Along with your completed application form, send in clear copies of the following supporting documents (submitting these documents is required; if any are missing, your application will be rejected):
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- A birth certificate or an ID (certified copy)
- Full academic history on the letterhead of the school for current tertiary students (certified copy)
- Results for terms 1 and 2 of 2022 for current matriculants (certified copy)
- Proof of 2023 tertiary enrollment
- Motivational letter from the candidate (stating why you deserve the bursary and about yourself: 2 pages)
- IDs for parents or guardians (certified copies)
- the guardians or parent’s evidence of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council)
- the guardians or parent’s evidence of income (recent payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
SANRAL scholarship online application form
Get the SANRAL Bursary Application Form and fill it out (.pdf)
After filling out the application form, it should be submitted electronically via email to Ms. R Erasmus at: [email protected]
NOTE: Put “SANRAL Bursary Application” in the subject line of the email.
SANRAL scholarship program
The following study fields are funded for full-time study:
- BSc/BEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Tech Civil Engineering
- MEng/PG Diploma Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- BSc/BEng Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Diploma Supply Chain Management
- BCom HR/Diploma HR
- BCom Hons Hr/Advance Diploma HR
- BSc Environmental Science
SANRAL scholarship motivation letter
A personal letter outlining your qualifications and motivations for pursuing a program of study, a scholarship, or a volunteer position is known as a motivation letter.
How to write a SANRAL scholarship motivation letter
To write a SANRAL scholarship motivation letter, you need to write about these details in a way that will encourage the reader to keep reading and discover more about you, your background, and your goals. After that, write a summary.
In this section, if your motivation letter is for a scholarship, emphasize your interest and explain why you chose this particular degree or program.
Terms & Conditions to apply for the SANRAL scholarship
- Late applications won’t be taken into consideration.
- Citizens of South Africa are required to apply.
- Complete, accurate, and most recent information must be provided on the application form.
- Academic achievement and financial necessity as evaluated by SANRAL’s Bursary Policy’s specified conditions shall determine the recipient of the bursary.
- If the application does not meet the requirements specified, it will be rejected.
- SANRAL may use other applicable conditions in making the final decision in granting the bursary.
SANRAL scholarship closing date
The closing date for the SANRAL scholarship application is on 30 September 2022.
SANRAL scholarship contact details
Please get in touch with the SANRAL scholarship directly if you have any questions about this scholarship program
SANRAL scholarship address
48 Tambotie Avenue, Val de Grace, PRETORIA
PO Box 415, PRETORIA, 0001
SANRAL scholarship email address
SANRAL scholarship contact number
Tel: 021 957 4648