What is Rotary Global Grant?
Rotary global grant scholarships is a grant that focuses on large international programs with sustainable and measurable outcomes. The aim goal of the grant is to help community who are in need of aid through which members support projects, gives scholarships, training and global development.
Rotary Global grant scholarships fund graduate-level coursework or research for one to four academic years. A
key feature of global grants is the partnership between the district or club in the study location (host
sponsor) and the district or club in the scholar’s home country (international sponsor). Both sponsors
must be qualified before they can submit an application.
Get detailed project planning info in A Guide to Global Grants, including securing a grant, implementing the project, and reporting on your results.
The following items are eligible for funding:
- Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions)
- School supplies
- School fees, including any health insurance required by the study institution
- Room and board
- Household supplies
- Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of
- Local transportation expenses
The following items are not eligible for funding:
- Expenses incurred before the application is approved
- Vehicles and related expenses
- Expenses for spouses and dependents
- Housing/living expenses in the home country during the scholarship period
- Taxes owed as a result of receiving the scholarship
- Medical care
- Personal travel
- Global Grant Scholarship Supplement (July 2021) 6
- Expenses related to Rotary events
Is Rotary Global Grant scholarships legit?
WARNING: There have been a few Facebook scams going around in which people are posing as Rotary Global Grant Fund agents and offering to provide funds. Rotary Global Grants Fund in no way sponsors these accounts, so they must be ignored and investigated.
How To Apply For Rotary Global Grant Scholarships?
The applicants have the option of contacting local Rotary clubs or Rotary Club Locator to discover how to apply for a grant. Online applications for grant funding are accepted for global projects. The first step step is for sponsorship clubs and districts to submit the application and after which the scholar candidate then completes the scholar profile online
To apply for a global grant, two or more clubs or districts must work together.i.e. sponsor that and also the partner in or around the community that is executing the project or hosting the scholar. The international sponsor collaborates with the host sponsor, but it’s situated outside of the host sponsor’s country.
How are global grants funded Rotary?
Club funds, District Designated funds DFF, The Rotary Foundation (TRF) World are all funded by global grants but in most cases, funding comes from cooperating organizations. Large international activities with a vast and credible outcomes is gotten from the organization which in turn have a long lasting impact.
What is the global grant fund program?
Ministries of health, statistical and other relevant agencies at the national, subnational or municipal levels are all targets for the Global Grants Program (GGP). Countries with low income and middle income that have not received funding the Data for Health (D4H) Initiative all receive global grant fund.
What global grants support
Global grants can fund:
- Community projects
- Academic studies for graduate level Scholarships.
- Experts who travel to other countries to either teach local experts about their fields or to learn it themselves are Vocational training teams.
How Rotary Global Grant Scholarships is funded
A minimum budget of $30,000 and a maximum of $400,000 World Fund award are the budget global grants provided. District Designated Funds (DDF), cash tokens, and gifts and endowment earnings are the combinations used by grant sponsors to fund global grants with 80 percent world fund that is provided by the foundation.
Qualification of Rotary Global Grant Scholarships
Before applying for a global grant, make sure that both the district or club in the country where the activity is carried out must be notified and the international partner district must first become qualified. Get detailed information about the qualification process and grant management. The chairman of your club and district Rotary Foundation can assist you on how to plan and use chairs your District Designated Funds and also know how your club can qualify.
Submitting a successful grant application
To build a strong project plan, make sure you consult with local experts early in the planning process, so you can have a successful grant application submission.
Your application must clearly represent how your project, scholarship, or vocational training team for a successful grant submission:
- Is sustainable — This include global funds that have been spent to attain long term goals and success.
- Includes measurable goals
- Corresponds with a sole of Rotary’s areas of focus
- Real community needs are responded to. A community assessment must be carried out first for any club or district seeking to apply for a global grant to support a humanitarian project and a vocational training team and also design the project in accordance to what they have learnt through that assessment.
- Community members and Rotarians are also effectivlely included.
- terms and conditions must be met to have a successful grant in terms of eligibility required.
Note:Submission of applications must be done by 30th of June by Sponsoring clubs and districts to the Rotary Foundation for scholars who will begin studies in August, September, or October.
Monitoring & evaluation Rotary Global Grant Scholarships
Weighing result is an integral and important part of global grant projects. Good and up to date monitoring and reporting ensure that Rotary grants have a positive yield.
Get detailed information about the Global Grant Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Supplement.
Filling out an online global grant report will be neccessarily required by you.You will be required to download this template if you are prepared.
District resource network of Rotary Global Grant Scholarships
Local Rotarians who have skills in Rotary’s areas of focus, global grants, and project planning are the best resources that should be included in your network and also the likes of rotarian Action Group members, and The Rotary Foundation Cadre of Technical Advisers. Considering having a guide to project plan or implementation from a cadre member that is intimate with tyour project type, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any difficulty in connecting with the resource network, you should Contact your district international service chair for help, local subject matter and project experts. If your district dont have a committee chair due to the fact that no one has been nominated, liase with your district governor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Scholarship Website https://my.rotary.org/en/take-action/apply-grants/global-grants
You Can Also check these out 12 Best Online Schools For Working Moms
Resources & reference
- A Guide to Global Grants (PDF)
- Community Assessment Tools (PDF)
- Cooperating Organization Memorandum of Understanding (DOC)
- Global Grant Application Supplement for Microcredit Projects (DOC)
- Global Grant Application Template (DOC)
- Global Grant Calculator (XLS)
- Global Grants Community Assessment Results (DOC)
- Global Grant Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Supplement (PDF)
- Global Grant Report Supplement for Microcredit Projects (DOC)
- Global Grant Scholarships Supplement (PDF)
- How to use the Grant Center (PDF)
- Information for grant-funded travelers
- Lifecycle of a Project
- Six Steps to Sustainability (PDF)
- Terms and Conditions for Rotary Foundation District Grants and Global Grants (PDF)
- Training Plan for Global Grants (DOC)
- Vocational Training Team Itinerary (DOC)
- Vocational Training Team Member Application (DOC)
Areas of Focus resources
- Areas of Focus Policy Statements (PDF)
- Basic Education and Literacy Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)
- Disease Prevention and Treatment Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)
- Economic and Community Development Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)
- Maternal and Child Health Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)
- Water and Sanitation Guidelines for Global Grant Funding (PDF)