The Nuru Yangu Scholarship and Mentorship Program was started by the NMB Foundation scholarship to support education and break the cycle of poverty by facilitating greater access to secondary and tertiary education.
We seek to unleash the potential of young people who are curious about the world, hope for a better tomorrow and want to change it for the better.
This achievement-based scholarship and mentoring program seeks out excellent students from low-income neighborhoods who are willing to make a difference in both their communities and the nation.
NMB foundation scholarship Eligibility Criteria For Undergraduate
You qualify if you meet the criteria listed below for undergraduate:
- Must be younger than 30 years old.
- Must be financially needy and come from a poor background.
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania and have graduated from Advanced Level Secondary School.
- ACSEE (Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations) performance must be exceptional (Division one point 3-7).
- passing the Common Core State Standards for Secondary Education (CSEE). 7-14 division one points will be a bonus.
- Must have been accepted into one of Tanzania’s public universities or other qualified institutes of higher learning in order to pursue undergraduate studies full-time in any of the subjects covered by the Nuru Yangu Scholarship requirements.
ALSO, READ – How much is the Cobell Scholarship? 2022/2023
When Do I Apply For NMB foundation scholarship Undergraduate?
The application period for undergraduate students will be open from May 19th, 2022, through September 30th, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply for the NMB foundation scholarship Undergraduate
For undergraduate students, everything is completed online via the following URL: https://foundation.nmbbank.co.tz/registry. Alternatively, you can visit the website, click the NMB Foundation link, and then navigate to the education pillar.
What Document should I attach to my undergraduate application?
- birth certificate copy
- If your father or mother has passed away, a copy of their death certificate.
- recommendation letter from your neighborhood’s Ward Executive Officer (Mtendaji Kata).
- For secondary schools at the ordinary and advanced levels, a copy of the result slips or NECTA certificates.
- Manifestation of unique needs (If you have specified particular needs in your online application’s “Why I Want This Scholarship” paragraph.)
NMB foundation Eligibility criteria For A-level scholarship
You qualify if you meet the criteria listed below for A-level:
- Poor and having clear financial needs
- Applicants for government advanced level secondary schools must have been accepted.
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania and have completed secondary school at the regular level in the same year as the application.
- must achieve exceptionally well in secondary school exams at the regular level (Division one point 7-14)
When Do I Apply For NMB foundation A-level scholarship?
The application period for A-levels will be open from May 19th, 2022, until June 10th, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
How to Apply for the NMB foundation A-level
NMB foundation a level scholarship, A candidate must fill out an application form, which may be obtained from any NMB Branch, or click the link below to download the NMB Foundation form https://foundation.nmbbank.co.tz/documents/NMB%20FOUNDATION-A-LEVEL-SCHOLARSHIP-APPLICATION-FORM.pdf
A filled-out application will be delivered to any branch that is close to the applicant’s home. the notes below should be taken into consideration.
What Document should I attach to my A-level scholarship application?
- Birth certificate copy
- letter of recommendation from the ward executive officials
- If your father or mother passed away, a copy of their death certificate
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications for the scholarship
Which Academic Disciplines are covered by the NMB Scholarship Program?
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science or ICT
- Finance and Commerce
- Oil and Gas
- Data Science
- Actuarial Science
- Risk Management
- Data Mining
FAQ On NMB Foundation Scholarship
Will there be any fees associated with this application or scholarship that I must pay?
You will never be required to pay any application or scholarship fees by the NMB Foundation. All university direct costs for tuition fees as well as student direct costs (meals, lodging, books and stationery allowance, field practical training, and special faculty requirements) as outlined in the relevant university cost structure are covered by successful applicants’ full scholarships.
What entitlements does the chosen candidate have?
All university students’ direct expenditures, including tuition fees and student direct costs (meals, lodging, books and stationery allowance, field practical training, and special faculty requirements) as outlined in the relevant university cost structure, are covered by the scholarship. One laptop will also be given to the recipient of the award.
Stationery, complete tuition, transportation to and from school (for boarders), an upkeep stipend when necessary, health insurance (an NHIF card), and any further requirements specified in the joining instructions
How long is the scholarship offer good for
For undergraduate students, scholarships are good for the entire length of the chosen degree program.
The award will be available to A-level students for two years.
If I’m given the NMB Foundation scholarship, what are the next steps?
If you are chosen, a representative of the NMB Foundation scholarship will let you know about the scholarship grant and walk you through the next few steps.
NMB Foundation will only communicate via the email address [email protected] Without email addresses, all successful A-level applicants will be notified via the mobile number provided on the application forms.