The University of Toronto Lester B Pearson Scholarship provides a unique opportunity for excellent international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities.
the Lester B Pearson International Student Scholarships’ goal of the scholarship program is to honor students who stand out for their outstanding academic performance, inventiveness, and leadership qualities within their school.
Lester b. Pearson International Scholarship Program Particular attention is given to how the kid has impacted their school and community as well as how they may go on to positively impact the world community in the future.
Lester B. Pearson scholarship benefits
The Lester B Pearson International Scholarships will cover:
- incidental fees
- full residence support for four years.
What did Lester B Pearson do?
Lester B Pearson was Canada’s most prominent diplomat in the 1950s and 1960s. He was the driving force behind the creation of the nation’s postwar foreign policy, which included membership in NATO and the UN, where he presided over the General Assembly.
Lester B Pearson Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply to the Lester B Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- you must be a foreign student, meaning a non-Canadian who needs a study permit
- you must Currently be enrolled in your last year of secondary education, or have graduated by June 2023 at the latest
- Beginning classes at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students who are enrolled in post-secondary education at this time are not eligible to apply; students who enroll at a different post-secondary institution in January 2024 are not eligible to apply).
What prize did Lester B Pearson win?
Lester B Pearson was Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1957, Pearson was recognized for his contribution to the United Nations’ resolution of the Suez Crisis the previous year. Although Pearson was criticized for breaking Canada’s links to the UK and the motherland, the selecting committee maintained that Pearson had “saved the world.
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Fields of Study
- Commerce & Management
- Computer Science
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Life Sciences
- Music, and Architecture
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
How to Apply for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship
To apply for the online Lester B Pearson scholarship application competition carefully follow the steps below:
Your school will have to nominate you. Please fill out the Lester B Pearson scholarship application form if your high school hasn’t been contacted or validated yet to be a part of our program.
Early September marks the beginning of the nomination period for high schools that have previously participated.
To start your studies in September 2024, submit an application to the University of Toronto and make sure your application is completed by the deadlines(external link).
Please be aware that you will be given consideration for the Pearson Scholarship for the U of T program which is your top preference.
You may apply to many programs and may be accepted into each one; but, if you are awarded the fully funded Pearson Scholarship, it will only be applied to the program of your choice at U of T at the time our scholarship choices are announced.
You can submit an online application for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship when we’ve received your nomination and your university application.
Upon being duly nominated by your school, you will be sent a private connection to the scholarship application.
Lester B. Pearson scholarship interview questions
Here are some common Lester B. Pearson scholarship Fully funded interview questions you may be asked:
- Tell me about yourself and your interests. This is an open-ended question to allow you to highlight your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, skills, and passions. Focus on what makes you a strong candidate for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship.
- Why are you interested in the Lester B Pearson Scholarship and studying abroad in Canada? Share how studying in Canada aligns with your academic and career goals. Discuss the aspects of the Canadian university experience that appeal to you.
- What major academic achievements are you most proud of? Choose 1-2 standout examples and explain why they matter and what key skills you demonstrated through achieving them.
- How would you represent your home country As an international student abroad? Share how you would positively promote understanding of your home country and culture. Give examples of cultural exchange opportunities you would be excited to participate in.
- What kind of social issues are you passionate about as a foreign student? How have you contributed efforts around a cause or issue you care about? Share any volunteering, initiatives taken on, etc.
- Where do you see your career in 10 years if given the opportunity? Tie your long-term career ambitions to how this Lester B Pearson Scholarship and studying in Canada could help you achieve your goals.
- What questions do you have for me about the Pearson scholarship or studying in Canada? Come prepared with thoughtful questions that show your interest in fully taking advantage of this opportunity.
what are the chances of getting the Lester B. Pearson scholarship?
The University of Toronto receives applications for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship from students in about 170 countries and regions. About 1.68% of applicants are accepted for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program.
Lester B Pearson Scholarship Essay
Here are some tips for writing a good Lester B. Pearson scholarship essay:
- Briefly introduce yourself, your academic background, interests, and future goals. Why are you a strong candidate for the Lester B Pearson Scholarship?
Main Body Paragraphs
- Discuss your academic achievements, awards, honors, extracurricular activities, and leadership experiences that make you stand out with specific examples.
- Explain how your past experiences, attributes, and future goals align with the values and mission of the Lester B. Pearson scholarship program. Show why you are passionate about international service and development as a foreign student.
- Elaborate on one or two of your most meaningful leadership roles, community service/volunteer projects, or experiences abroad. Describe what you accomplished and what you learned.
- Share any challenges or obstacles you have overcome, and how this has shaped your perspectives and goals. Discuss a failure and what you gained from that experience.
Summarize why you are an ideal candidate for the Lester B. Pearson scholarship and how you will positively contribute to the program’s mission. Express enthusiasm for becoming part of this community.
The Lester B Pearson Scholarship essay should demonstrate your unique background, monstration to service, leadership potential, and alignment with the program’s values.
Be personal while highlighting achievements. Aim for clarity, organization, and sincerity.
how many students apply for the Lester B. Pearson scholarship
Academics and exceptional students from all over the world are drawn to U of T by its scholarship program and plenty of cutting-edge learning options. About 37 students apply for the Lester B. Beckman Scholarship every year.
Was Lester B Pearson a pilot?
Lester B Pearson served in the Royal Flying Corps and the Canadian Army Medical Corps before enrolling at Victoria University and earning his degree in 1919. The moniker “Mike” was given to him while he was a pilot. Pearson went back to teaching history at the University of Toronto.
What is the deadline for the Lester B Pearson scholarship?
deadline for Lester B. Pearson scholarship:
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
- Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2024
- Google Ph.D. fellowship (India, Africa, Canada, Europe, Australia program) 2024
- The Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Application Eligibility and Amount 2024
- Fully Funded Canadian Scholarships For Nigerian Students in 2024
- Leakey Foundation Research Grants Application, Requirement, and Amount 2024