As the nation of independent India’s first Minister of Education, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad established the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in 1950. Its goals include actively taking part in the development and implementation of policies and programs relevant to India’s international cultural relations, fostering and strengthening ties between India and other nations, and promoting cultural exchanges with other nations and their citizens.
Here are ten of the most common ICCR scholarship interview questions:
- Tell us about yourself
- What are your career goals?
- What activities are you involved in?
- Why do you want to study in India?
- Why did you choose this university?
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- Is there anything else you want to add?
- What is your greatest strength/weakness?
- What do you know about the colleges you want to attend?
- Describe a personal accomplishment of yours that you are proud of.
How to apply for ICCR scholarship
Candidates should register and submit direct applications for certain courses, On the ICCR A2A Scholarship Portal (http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in)
All interested applicants must register at this website using a working email address that they will use during their academic partnership with ICCR. After that, applicants must submit or upload their application together with true copies of all necessary papers in order to comply with the A2A portal’s requirements.
They are urged to carefully read the student guidelines posted on the portal. The applicant may email [email protected] for any technical assistance with the application process. Email and the A2A portal should both be often checked for updates.
Students must register at this Google Form after submitting their applications through the A2A portal. Please be aware that there are a limited number of scholarship openings and that merit-based selection is used. Those who are accepted by an Indian university but do not acquire a grant from the Indian Embassy in Dakar may think about funding their own further education.
what is the age limit for ICCR scholarship?
Here is the age for applicants applying for the ICCR scholarship at the time of admission:
- Ph.D. – maximum age of 45
- 18 to 30 Years, UG/PG
Benefits of ICCR scholarship
ICCR scholarship amount (per month) on a pro-rata basis beginning on the day of entry in India:
- Undergraduate 18,000
- Postgraduate 20,000
- M. Phil / Ph. D 22,000
- Post-doctoral Fellow 25,000
House Rent Allowance (per Month)
- In Grade 1 cities 6,500
- In other cities 5,500
Contingent Grant (per annum)
- Undergraduate 5,000
- Postgraduate 7,000
- M. Phil / Ph. D /M. Tech/M.E 12,500
- Post-doctoral Fellow 15,500
Dissertation and Thesis Fees (Once in the entire duration of the Course)
- Ph. D Scholar 10,000
- For BBA, BCA, MBA, MCA, M. Tech, and other courses, project submission is necessary at 7,000
when can I apply for ICCR Scholarship?
The deadline to apply for ICCR scholarship undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs is May 31, 2022.
ICCR scholarship physical fitness form
The form must be completed by a licensed physician in the nation of residence of the applicant, Click to download the pdf of the ICCR scholarship physical fitness form
Documents Required for Filling The ICCR Scholarship Application Form
The following list of requirements should be included in the application, along with any essential information and supporting documentation:
- You must attach a current passport-size photo that is no larger than 3.5 x 4.5 cm (25 kb) in the designated area on the application form. The shot must be taken without sunglasses and have a white background.
- It is necessary to submit copies of all academic transcripts, certificates, and mark sheets, including those from school-leaving exams.
- a physical fitness certificate in the required format.
- Letters of recommendation or character references from your current school or university, etc.
- Certified copies of the pertinent pages from the candidate’s current passport, including the photo, name, contact information, issue date, expiration date, and location of issue. Please make sure your passport is valid for the entire time you will be enrolled in the course.
- Please make sure that all essential documents are uploaded appropriately in the appropriate module when submitting them. For example, the educational certificate module should only have educational certificates uploaded, not other papers like passport copies or photos, etc.
- If accepted, the applicant must have their original certificates and documents with them at the time of enrollment for verification by the relevant university or institute. This is a prerequisite that must be met; otherwise, the university or institute may refuse admission, and the ICCR is not liable.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) are required for Engineering courses, thus you must have taken them in your high school exit exams.
If accepted, the candidate must carry the original certificates or documents for the university or institute to verify.
Before submitting the application for further processing, please double-check that all columns and modules have been filled out correctly. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
Eligibility for ICCR scholarship
Indian Universities and educational institutions are autonomous, independent legal entities with their own admission requirements. Therefore, it is up to the students to be satisfied with their choice of course and their universities. Questions about admission should not be submitted to ICCR because the decision to admit students is exclusively up to the individual University or Institute.
Admission is conditional until universities are satisfied with the validity of the necessary documents provided by the applicants.
If it is discovered upon arrival that the student does not have the necessary original documents, on the basis of which the admission has been finalized, the student will be responsible for the consequences, including being denied admission by the universities, and will have to pay for their own return home. The cost of the student’s return airfare will not be covered by ICCR.
Students should always bring the following documents with them when they travel to India to attend their respective Universities or Institute:
- Original credentials-related documentation for the university or institute in question to verify.
- Translation of the original papers into English.
- a certified copy of the last qualifying exam’s syllabus.
- a valid passport and the necessary visa. for undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as a research visa for doctoral studies.
- Scholarship award letter from the relevant Indian Mission or Post overseas. a promise from the student that he or she will not ask for changes at the time of admission and that the course and university are suitable as presented.
- Student’s declaration that they have studied the terms and guidelines for the ICCR scholarship as outlined in the Scholarship Manual 2022–23 [The one-time declaration will be valid even if the scholarship manual is amended (as per para. 36 similar provision)], which is available on the ICCR website.
English proficiency test for ICCR scholarship
All of India’s universities use English as their primary language of instruction. In order to be able to communicate effectively in English and easily understand lectures in English, applicants should have a solid command of the language.
The candidate must provide a 500-word essay in English, on one of the topics or subjects listed on the A2A Portal, as part of the application process.
It is optional to disclose the results of English proficiency tests like TOEFL and ILETS. Only the marks from these exams should be entered.
Universities under ICCR scholarship
Here is a list of universities under ICCR scholarship:
- Aamad Kathak Center
- Anhinga Dance Institute
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agriculture University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Allahabad University
- Anand Agriculture University
- Andhra University
- Anna University
- Annamalai University
- Assam Agricultural University
- Assam University
- Ayurvedic College
- Ayurved Vidyalya, Nashik
- 14 Baba Sahib Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Bangalore University
- Bengal Engineering & Science University
- BhartiyaVidya Bhavan, Mumbai
- Bhatkande Music Institute, Lucknow
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwa vidyalaya
- Calicut University, Kerala
- CCS, Haryana Agriculture University, Hisar
- Central Agriculture University
- Central Institute of Fishery Mumbai
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Science & Technology, Kerala
- Dance & Music (Kadamb Institute)
- Delhi Technological University
- Delhi University
- Dibrugarh University, Assam
- M.G.R. Medical University
- Y.S. Parmar University, Ludhiana
- English & Foreign Language University
- B. Pant Agriculture University, Uttarakhand
- Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Delhi
- Goa University
- Ayurvedic College, Gwalior
- Gujarat Ayurved University
- Gujarat Technological University
- Gujarat University
- Guru AngadVetinary Science. University
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab
- Guru Subhendra Rao, Institute, New Delhi
- P. University, Shimla
- IIT Guwahati, Assam
- IIT Mumbai
- IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- Indian Agriculture Research Institute
- Indira SangeetVishwaVidyalaya, Kheragarh, Chattisgarh
- ISM Dhanbad
- Jadavpur University
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Jamia MiliaIslamia University
- Jawahar Lal Nehru University
- JNTU, Ananthapur, Andhra Pradesh
- JNTU, Hyderabad
- Junagadh Agriculture University
- Kaladiksha (Dance & Music), Chennai
- Kalakshetra (Dance & Music), Chennai
- Kathak Kendra
- Kendriya Hindi Sansthan
- Kerala Agriculture University
- Kerala KalaMandalam, Kerala
- Kerala University
- Kurukshetra University, Haryana
- Lucknow University
- S. University, Baroda
- MaharanaPratap University of Agriculture
- Mahatma Gandhi AntarashtriyaVishwavidyala
- Mahatma KrishiVidyapith, Rahuri (agri)
- Mangalore University
- Manipur University
- MANIT, Bhopal
- MG University, Kottayam, Kerala
- MNIT, Jaipur
- MNNIT, Allahabad
- Mumbai University
- National Institute of Ayurveda
- National Institute of Unani Medicine
- Navsari Agriculture University
- NIH, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- NIT Calicut, Kerala
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- NIT Jalandhar, Punjab
- NIT Kurukshetra, Haryana
- NIT Rourkela, Orissa
- NIT Silchar, Assam
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Trichy, Tamilnadu
- NIT Warangal
- NIT, Jamshedpur, Tata Nagar
- NITHM, Hyderabad
- North Bengal University
- North East Hill University, Shillong
- Osmania University
- Podar Medical College,Mumbai
- Pondicherry University
- PUNE University
- Punjab Agriculture University
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Rabindra Bharathi University, Kolkata
- Rajiv Gandhi Ayurved College, Paprola, Himachal Pradesh
- Ravenshaw University, Orissa
- Sampuranand Sanskrit University, Varanasi
- Sardar Patel University
- Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, Kolkata
- School of Planning & Architecture
- Sher-e-Kashmir, Agriculture University, Jammu
- Shri Ram Bharti Kala Kendra
- Shri RamananadTirthaMarathwada University, Nanded
- B.M. Kankanwadi Mahavidyalaya
- Sri DharmasthalaManjunatheshwara College of Ayurveda & Hospital
- SRJAN Institute, Orissa
- SVNIT Surat
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamasthan, Bangalore
- Tamil Nadu Agriculture University
- Tamil University, Tanjore
- Tata Institute of Social Science,Mumbai
- Tezpur University, Assam
- Triveni Kala Sangam
- University of Agricultural Sciences
- University of Agriculture & Science, Bangalore
- University of Agriculture, Bhubaneshwar
- University of Burdwan, West Bengal
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- University of Hyderabad
- University of Kalyani, Kolkata
- University of Madras
- University of Mysore
- Utsav Education of Dance, Delhi
- Utsav Educational & Dance Academy
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
- Vishveshwarya Institute of Technology
- VisvaBharati, Santiniketan, Kolkata
- VNIT, Nagpur
- West Bengal State University
ICCR scholarship contact
- Address: ICCR ( Indian Council for Cultural Relations)
Azad Bhawan Rd, IP Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
- Contact Number : +91-11-23379309
ICCR scholarship terms and conditions
This is the official website of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), which the National Informatics Center created, produced, and hosts (NIC). Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the content on this Portal, it should not be used for any legal reasons or interpreted as a statement of law. Regarding the correctness, completeness, usefulness, or any other aspect of the materials, ICCR disclaims all liability. Before acting on the information supplied in the Portal, users are recommended to confirm or check any information and to seek any necessary expert advice.
The ICCR will not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any cost, loss, or damage, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any cost, loss, or damage whatsoever resulting from use of, or loss of use of, data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Portal. Indian law shall govern and be followed in interpreting these conditions of use. The courts of India shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising under these terms and conditions. The ICCR, the Government of India, is responsible for all of the information and content provided to you.