If you want to prepare for the GKS scholarship, here is the opportunity to do so. we will be giving you steps on how you can achieve that because Korea is one of the leading countries in education and you can have a great learning experience while studying there. You can start a career over there. Let’s take a look at how you can prepare for the GKS scholarship.
How to prepare for the GKS scholarship
To prepare for the GKS scholarship, here are the tips you should follow to give you the outstanding state to prepare
- Get ready to work on your study plan in the manner you have planned. The most crucial component of your application is the SOP. What are your plans after you get to Korea? How will you enlighten us on those matters? What have you already researched, what is your research strategy, and how will you carry it out?
- Examine the SOP samples that are easily found on Google to get ready for the interview. Just by skimming the docs once, you will learn so much.
- Create drafts and have someone else review them. Get a third party to review your SOP. and learn about their various viewpoints.
- Prepare all the necessary paperwork.
- The documents must be apostille- and notarized-signed. Make sure you know where to go to have your documents notarized or apostilled. the price and duration.
- Obtain a passport. Apply as soon as you can if you haven’t already because it can take some time.
- Should you need a document, Speaking English fluently is required for some documents. Your bachelor’s or master’s degree must have been completed in English, according to the NIIED-GKS scholarship’s clause.
- IELTS certification is not required at this point. However, you must submit a document from your school stating that English is your primary language of instruction. Therefore, you must get in touch with your workplace for that. Your university department may require some time.
What is the GKS scholarship?
By bringing bright international students to Korea for the chance to pursue advanced studies at higher educational institutions there, the Global Korea Scholarship encourages the next generation of world leaders and advances global educational collaboration.
created to offer international students higher education in Korea with the goal of fostering international educational interchange as well as goodwill between the member nations.
What are the benefits of the GKS scholarship?
One of the most prestigious scholarships in the world, the GKS Scholarship 2023, not only pays for your tuition and airfare but also provides you with a stipend of 900,000 KRW and health insurance.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of the GKS scholarship below:
- University Admission fees waiver
- The scholarship pays the entire cost of tuition.
- a complimentary round-trip flight.
- A settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW will be given.
- A 900,000 KRW monthly allowance will be given.
- The one-year Korean language training costs will be covered by the scholarship.
- There will be national health insurance.
- There will be monthly grants of 100,000 KRW for Korean proficiency.
- Once-off grants of 100,000 KRW will be given for degree completion.
How to win a GKS scholarship
The GKS scholarship is for international students around the world seeking to win the scholarship. In determining what boosts a student’s possibility of how to win the GKS scholarship, a number of criteria come into play.
Participating in voluntary work and other activities raises your chances because academics may quickly see your activities and genuine interest in any subject.
It’s not necessary for volunteering to be relevant to your research area as well. You could pass the selection process with anything that might highlight your abilities and character. Your volunteer work history may be taken into consideration throughout the selection process.
- Your country of origin
Without a doubt, your chances of being chosen also depend on the country you are from and the number of GKS scholarship seats that are available in that nation.
- Outstanding personal statement
The application form you submitted with your declaration of intent, your personal statement, and your own study plan is the only thing being closely examined. Despite the fact that your final GPA falls below the necessary level. The student’s last resort was an excellent personal statement and SOP.
- Letter of recommendation
Since they contain recommendations from instructors in your field of study, recommendation letters play a crucial role. You must submit two letters, which may be obtained from anybody, including school instructors, but it is ideal to have them written by professors in your field since they are the ones who know you the best and will speak to the field in which you have applied for study.
- Extracurricular activities
If you can play an instrument, participate in any sports, or are a skilled orator. When preparing your application, you must include your skills, which could be considered a bonus.
ALSO, READ_How to get a Goldwater scholarship 2022/2023
GKS scholarship age limit
The qualified age limit for the GKS scholarship should not be aged less than 25 on March 1 of the admissions year.
Is IELTS required for the GKS scholarship?
Do I have to present proof of my English or Korean language skills when I apply for GKS? The submission of a language competence test result is not required.
Is the GKS scholarship hard to get
The GKS is competitive; each country has a different quota, although most only accept one applicant. Students can therefore submit many applications before being chosen for the award. Given the population’s high level of competition, the possibilities could actually change based on the number of seats available.
Eligibility criteria for GKS scholarship
– All candidates must be nationals of NIIED-designated nations that have been granted invitations to participate in the GKS program. The parents (or legal guardians) of applicants must be citizens of a nation other than Korea. Dual citizenship, defined as having both Korean citizenship and citizenship of another nation, prevents applicants or their parents from applying.
Documentation from the Korean government demonstrating the renunciation of Korean citizenship must be submitted by applicants and their parents who previously had Korean citizenship. An application will not be considered if their citizenship changes while they are being evaluated. (UIC applicants not applicable.)
- Education Level
Bachelor’s degree holders are not eligible to apply. Associate degree holders can only apply to bachelor’s programs. A certificate of anticipated graduation is required from all applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of application.
If these candidates make it through the screening process, they must present a diploma (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023. Applicants will be regarded as expected graduates if they provide their provisional graduation certificate.
- Grades (GPA)
The prior (degree) program’s cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must satisfy one of the two requirements listed below; Score percentile on a scale of 100 points must be 80% or higher, or the student must place in the top 20% of their class. CGPA must be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0 or higher.
An applicant must submit additional documents officially issued by their respective school or university outlining the institution’s grading system if they possess a transcript that does not include CGPA information or cannot convert their grades into one of the accepted GPA scales (4.0, 4.3, 4.5, 5.0, or 100 point scale).
For applicants who are anticipated to graduate, the most current CGPA should be calculated at the time of application.
The qualified age limit for the GKS scholarship should not be aged less than 25 on March 1 of the admissions year. For international travel, all candidates must be free of any grounds for exclusion (such as a criminal history).
To study in Korea for the entirety of the program, all applicants must be in good physical and mental health. A candidate will be disqualified from consideration for the scholarship if he or she tests positive for drugs or has a significant disease that makes it impossible for them to study abroad for an extended period of time.
All candidates who advance to the second stage of selection are required to present the results of an official medical examination conducted by a physician or a hospital with a license.
A GKS scholar will be removed from the program if a major disease is discovered during the final medical checkup, which will be scheduled by NIIED once they arrive in Korea.
Limitations of the GKS scholarship
- Not eligible to apply are those who have completed, or who are anticipated to complete, a Korean associate degree program or a Korean high school (including international schools).
- One who completed an online program put together by a Korean school or university is ineligible.
- Applicants who are enrolled in their last year of high school or college in Korea are not eligible.
- Anyone who has previously been awarded a scholarship from the Korean government for a degree program is unable to apply.
- A GKS associate degree student who is enrolled has finished or has graduated from a GKS scholarship program is not eligible.
- a student who had previously obtained a scholarship from a Korean government organization other than NIIED for their degree program is ineligible.
- Former GKS degree program applicants who withdrew from the program or were ineligible for the scholarship after being chosen as GKS scholars in the most recent three years are not eligible to apply.
What are the documents required for the GKS scholarship?
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- A single recommendation letter
- GKS Applicant Contract
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of citizenship (for the applicant and their parents) and familial ties
- Certificate of graduation from high school (or certificate of expected graduation)
- Academic record for high school courses
- Certificate indicating projected graduation from an associate degree program, or graduation certificate
- Academic records for an associate’s degree
- Evidence of a Korean document from abroad
- Proof of Renunciation of Korean Citizenship Document
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant
- Score report of valid TOPIK (original) or English Proficiency Test (copy)
- Copy of awards and other certificates, etc. (copy)
- Applicant’s Passport (copy)
Application form for GKS scholarship
This is the official page of the GKS scholarship application form portal
How to apply for the GKS scholarship
To apply for the GKS scholarship you need to take the following steps below:
- Step 1
Select your preferred course
- Step 2
Select University and Major Study
- Step 3
Fill in an Admission Application
- Step 4
Upload Additional Documents
- Step 5
Courses offered in the GKS scholarship
Candidates may select any of the following study areas:
- Liberal Arts & Social Science
- Natural Science
- Entertainment & Sports
GKS scholarship university lists
- ajou university
- andong science college
- ansan university
- bucheon university
- cheju halla university
- chonnam national university
- chung-ang university
- chungbuk national university
- chungnam national university(cnu)
- daewon university college
- dong-a university
- dong-eui university
- dongseo university
- ewha womans university
- gachon university
- gumi university
- gyeonggi university of science and technology
- gyeongsang national university
- han sung university
- hankyong national university
- inha university
- jeju national university
- kangwon national university
- konyang university
- kwangwoon university
- kyungpook national university
- mokwon university
- myongji university
- namseoul university
- national korea maritime & ocean university
- pohang university of science and technology (postech)
- pukyong national university
- sangmyung university
- semyung university
- seokyeong university
- seoul national university of science and technology
- silla university
- sogang university
- soongsil university
- sungkyunkwan university (skku)
- sunmoon university
- suseong university
- tech university of korea
- university of science and technology, korea (ust)
- university of seoul
- wonkwang university
GKS scholarship-eligible countries
- Dominican Republic
- D R Congo
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
Period of GKS scholarship
- Bachelor’s Degree Program:
3~4 years, 1 year of Korean language training + 4~6 years of a degree program
- Associate Degree Program:
1 year of Korean language training + 2~3 years of a degree program Important Notes regarding the Scholarship Period
GKS scholarship deadline
The GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 application deadline varies by country and by Korean Embassy and Embassy of your country. All applicants must check the application deadline by getting in touch with their selected university or relevant embassy immediately.
Official website of the GKS scholarship
Address of GKS scholarship
GKS Center, NIIED (Selection department of 2023 GKS-U)
191, Jeongjail-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do (13557) Republic of Korea
Email address of GKS scholarship