In 1960, the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat was created as an extra-ministerial organization under the direction of the president. The Scholarships Secretariat exists to make use of Government funds. GETFUND and Donor Support, for the distribution of Scholarships to outstanding and brilliant students, needy students, and qualified Ghanaian employees at the lowest access cost for Human Resource Development for the motive of National Growth and Development. Are you looking for how to apply for the ghana scholarship secretariat?
How to Apply for the ghana scholarship secretariat Local Tertiary
- Applicants can download application forms from the Secretariat’s website (www.ghanascholarshipsecretariat.com) after receiving a registration code from the Secretariat, which is issued to each school at the start of the academic year.
- Applications that have been properly filled out must be approved by the appropriate institutional authority and submitted to the Scholarships Secretariat through the Dean of Graduate School. Sandwich, part-time, fee-paying, private students are not eligible for this facility at public tertiary schools.
- The documents are examined by the Secretariat to make sure they meet the requirements for eligibility.
- Completed application forms and a medical certificate confirming the degree of disability are required for disability allowance.
Scholarships for tertiary study abroad are covered under foreign tertiary awards. This is based on a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement between Ghana’s government and the government of the nation giving out the prize.
Currently, this category includes the following nations:
- German Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
In addition to the aforementioned, Ghanaian postgraduate students are also given scholarships by the Commonwealth Secretariat as a result of a multilateral agreement between Ghana and Commonwealth member nations.
Other nations offer scholarships to Ghanaians without matching support from the Ghanaian government.
These countries are:
- Australia Government Awards
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships
- Mauritius Government Scholarship
- Turkish Government Awards
How to Apply for the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Foreign Scholarships
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration receives all scholarship offers under bilateral cooperation agreements. The Secretariat’s responsibilities in managing these scholarships include:
- Award notifications are sent to selected candidates.
- applications are chosen after interviews by a committee.
- application acceptance and processing based on eligibility requirements
- submitting chosen candidates to the nation making the prize for additional consideration.
- Promotion on the notice board and website of the Secretariat as well as in one national newspaper
Ghana scholarship secretariat interview questions
Here are some of the Ghana secretariat Questions:
- Inform us a little bit about yourself.
- Tell us about a time when you conquered adversity.”
- In five years, where do you see yourself? ”
- What will you do with the scholarship money? ”
- Why should I award you this scholarship? ”
- What goals do you have for your life?
- What do you enjoy doing? What do you like to do on the weekends?
- Who serves as your role model?
- What would you say life is?
- Why will this scholarship aid you in achieving your professional goals?
- Should you not be awarded the fellowship, what would you do?
- What are your biggest assets and weaknesses?
Ghana scholarship secretariat aptitude test questions
Here are some of the likely aptitude test questions:
1. The process of tracking performance, evaluating it against objectives, and addressing any substantial variances is referred to as:
- A. Planning
- B. Organizing
- C. Leading
- D. Controlling
2. Mr. A is a manager at XYZ Company; he has a reputation for being a straightforward and honest individual who knows how to inspire both customers and staff. He is also known to have good___________ talents:
3. The following terms are used to describe someone who collaborates with and through others by organizing their work efforts to achieve organizational goals:
- A Very intelligent: Individual
- A Supervisor of Production Work
- A Manager
- An operation Supervisor
4. The two areas of organizational strength identified by the SWOT analysis are common strength and .
- Strategic imitation
- Competitive Parity
- Distinctive Competencies
5. Organizations can participate in tackling environmental concerns around the world in all of the following ways, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF:
- Greening of Management
- Depletion of Natural Resources
- Fulfilling their Social Obligation
- Avoiding industrial accidents
6. A company’s large-scale action plans for interacting with the environment in order to meet long-term objectives are known as.
- Strategic Goals
7. Living things draw nutrients and air from their surroundings and return other substances to them. This is an illustration of
- Close System
- Hybrid System
- Open System
- None of Above
what does the ghana scholarship secretariat cover
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
- Educational Supplies
Ghana scholarship secretariat Local Tertiary
The Local Tertiary Awards are given to Postgraduate Students in Ghana’s Public Tertiary Institutions in the form of grants for bursaries and thesis payments.
The award also covers the payment of Long Stay Allowance for Medical Science Students in Public Tertiary Institutions in the nation as well as Disability Grants to Physically Challenged Ghanaian Students in Tertiary Institutions.
Ghana scholarship secretariat’s mission and vision
Our Mission: To utilize government funding, the Scholarships Secretariat was established. GETFUND and Donor Support, for the Distribution of Scholarships to Deserving Students and Qualified Ghanaian Employees at the Lowest Access Cost for Human Resource Development for the Motive of National Growth and Development
- to provide financial aid to deserving but struggling second-cycle students in accordance with their merit and circumstance.
- To provide talented Ghanaians with scholarships and training in government-priority fields at international tertiary institutions.
- to provide grants for local public tertiary schools’ postgraduate programs.
- to increase the capacity of human resources and offer the Secretariat a favorable working environment.
- to broaden participation in and access to high-quality education across all levels. help close the gender gap in educational access.
who is the head of the ghana scholarship secretariat
The charming and exceptional Registrar of the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat is Kingsley Agyemang. He is one of a select group of government appointees who have distinguished themselves and elevated their organizations over the past four years into world-class institutions.
7 Tips to Prepare for ghana scholarship secretariat
1. Don’t make reading your pastime, Many people list reading as a hobby on their resumes, and since they have completed their education, they may be right. However, since “You” are still in school, reading needs to be your primary focus rather than just a pastime. To increase your degree of aptitude, read widely.
2. Get exam study materials, such as books, dictionaries, past questions and answers for scholarships in pdf format, and more. These resources will help you better understand the breadth of the exams you anticipate taking.
3. Register for and attend extracurricular classes at your institution. This course will not only help you brush up on your memory but also showcase your understanding of the material in class and your acquisition of new information. USD/NGN Exchange Rate
4. Sleep whenever you feel like it. Sleeping is crucial for exam preparation because it aids in memory consolidation. Be careful not to oversleep and just sleep when you feel like it.
5. Make sure you are healthy because being sick might make you feel overly exhausted and tired all the time, making it difficult for you to focus on reading. Inform your parent, a nurse, or a doctor if you believe you are not feeling well. Ensure your health. Naira to Pounds
6. Eat whenever you feel like eating. You are advised not to overeat during the exam preparation period in order to prevent sleep. Every time you feel like eating, you should consume little amounts of light fare. Eat extra fruit and drink milk and sugary drinks. Your retention will improve thanks to this.
7. You should spend less time on social media. Some people spend their entire lives on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and messenger chat. If you’re getting ready for tests, this is really disastrous and terrible. Try to limit the amount of time you spend on social media during this period. You may possibly return and sleep there after the examinations.
The deadline for the ghana scholarship secretariat
The ghana scholarship secretariat Closing Date for submission of applications is 17Th January 2023.
The Secretariat’s services are offered FREE of charge, and no individual, group, or outside organization has been hired by the Secretariat to help any applicant.
ghana scholarship secretariat contact
The Registrar of scholarship secretariat
P. O. BOX M. 75, Accra