Editing software tool for Chrome Book is made to make tasks more straightforward and faster for you. These are the new types of computers that are made now.
Before we get into details you might find it interesting to check out some of the best free editing software for YouTube videos.
Whether you’re a creative professional, social media content creator, teacher, or student working on a project, a Chromebook video editor suits your needs.
This article dives into the top eight free video editors for Chromebooks. what is the best free video editing software for Chromebooks?
Table of Contents
Free Video Editing Software For Chromebook No Watermark
Here is a list of the best editing software for Chromebook
1. Power Director
This power director editing software for Chrome has landed on the Google Editors’ Choice list because of its quality, flexibility, and user-friendliness.
If you want special effects, video overlays, color grading tools, or audio effects, is what this amazing software offers.
- 4k video editing
- Capabilities of green screens
- Video stabilizer
- Animated title
- There are new design elements that are always added every month
- It is user-friendly
- It has a drag-and-drop dashboard that makes every editing a breeze
- Access to some features is only available on the paid version
Click here to get a complete Review of the PowerDirector software editing tool.
2. Adobe Express
Adobe is one of the best Chrome video editors for Adobe Creative Cloud subscribers. In the real sense, most adobe are extremely expensive and difficult to use. Adobe Express is both free and beginner-friendly.
- There is 2GB of storage
- There are over a thousand fonts and design assets
- Background tool remover
- Video overlay
- The free version does not end
- There is a generous 30-day free trial that is available on premium features
- Other Adobe products can be bundled with it
Click here to get a complete review of the Adobe Express
- The free version contains watermarks
- There are limited numbers of templates and assets compared to the premium version
This is the best Chromebook video editor for social media posts because Instagram and TikTok reels can be edited in real time.
KineMaster gives you the power to cut, order, transition between, and export video clips into high-quality movies as long as you have a mobile device.
- It comes with 8 blending model
- Chroma key feature
- Transitions occur
- It has a spontaneous interface
- Outstanding range of decorative assets
- It lacks a professional level that is fine-tuned
- The free version comes with a watermark and ads
To get the complete KineMaster Review click here
Kapwing is a video editor that is browser-based and it comes with amazing video collaboration tools that are for Chromebook.
You can edit and view any content wherever they are on any device which are the iPhone, android, windows, Mac, and Chromebook.
- It comes with subtitles that are auto-generated
- Background remover
- It has speed adjustment tools
- Colors are adjustable
- It is an excellent premium version
- It comes with team collaboration tools
- It comes with lots of helpful theme templates that are helpful for social media platforms
- You subscribe for a monthly fee that is expensive for premium content
- It comes with constant glitches and lags
To get the complete Review of Kapwing click here
The VivaVideo is used to record, edit, and upload from a Chromebook or from a smartphone and it is great for making videos on the go.
The VivaVideo editor allows you to create short videos of up to five minutes in length. There are fun and exciting eye-catching characteristics like sound effects, voice changers, filtres, text, cool transitions, and a free music library.
- It has emojis and stickers
- It comes with a glitch effect
- Speed adjustment available
- It is easy to use with a click application
- You can edit multiple layers and tracks
- The voice changer tool does not work well
- If you make videos longer than 5 minutes, it will lag and crash even if it is a paid version
To get the complete review of Vivavideo click here
The Wevideo is a good choice for beginners it is very simple to use and does not involve any task when using it and this makes it a web-based editor Chromebook that works on every platform and device.
It does not work for the long term for content creators or businesses even though the free version never expires because it is based on a try-before-you-buy method.
- It has 50 transitions
- It comes with a voice-over
- It comes with a screen recorder
- It comes with a GIF creator
- Excellent format support
- Outstanding customer service
- The maximum resolution is 480p
- The import tends to wait for long
To get a complete review of the Wevideo editing software
The openshot editor is always updated regularly and it is beginner-friendly and has more professional-level tools. This is a free open-source Chromebook video editor.
You stand a chance to benefit from the Openshot editor because the tools are free and you can access most features of the editor without a premium subscription.
- It has at least 400 preset effects
- It has unlimited tracks
- It comes with over 40 vector title templates
- It comes with a background remover
- It contains no watermark
- It comes with Chromebook integration
- Lagging, freezing, and sudden crashes are the major complaints from users
- It is slow importing, exporting, and rendering
- It has an outdated interface
To get a complete review of the Openshot video Editor check here
8. DaVinci Resolve
The DaVinci Resolve is applicable with macOS, windows, and Linux. The video editing application is a color grading, visual effects, color correction, and audio post-production.
The DaVinci Resolve supports the Blackmagic cloud which will give you the opportunity to host all your project libraries in the project server in the cloud.
- It has the 3D video editing
- It comes with permission and access control
- There is the presence of an activity dashboard
- Audio capture
- There is a brand overlay
- Collaboration tools
- Color grading
- It is relatively easy to accomplish compared to other alternatives but the color correction is modern
- There are extensive resources available for use
- It has a lively user community for optimal online engagements
- It gives advanced features for the highest quality audio on video projects
- You can’t work with multiple audio plugins as this can be clustered with new windows
- The keyboard shortcut for performing the functions that are commonly used can be unclear and take a longer time for you
- It does not have a basic version that doesn’t require much CPU to operate
To get a complete review of Davinci to resolve 18
Polarr is a fantastic video editing app that allows you to do photo editing on a Chromebook because it has an exciting number of filters and image effects.
The Polarr software works online and it is through the native apps on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android service.
- It enables image editing
- It enables text editing
- Multi-language features are allowed
- The user interface is friendly
- You can modify photos to make it more better
- It has simple and user-friendly menus and buttons
- The options need redesigning because the options are massive
- It has a different interface and this can take time for you to get accustomed to
- The subscription is quite expensive