Cash App – Cash App apk: Cash App is the name of a popular mobile payment platform that allows you to send money electronically to friends and family with just a smartphone. Cash App is free to use and accepts debit cards, credit cards, and Bitcoin. Let’s take a closer look at what Cash App is, how to set it up, and how to send your first payment transaction.
What Is Cash App?
Previously known as Square Cash, Cash App is a peer-to-peer mobile payment application founded by mobile payment system Square in 2013. Cash App allows you to send money to someone with just a phone number, email address, or $Cashtag (a unique Cash App ID).
Other important things to know about Cash App:
- Cash App is free to use for receiving, sending, and transferring money using a debit card or bank account. Credit card transfers will attract a 3% transaction fee.
- Cash App does not currently support international money transfers (domestic transfers only).
- Transfers are sent instantaneously and can be deposited to a domestic bank account in the same day for a fee, or in not more than three days for free.
- By default, you can post up to $250 within any 7-day period and receive up to $1,000 within any 30-day period. You can increase these restrictions, however.
- Payments are immediate and generally can’t be called off if you make an error.
- Cash App is accessible for iPhone and Android.
ALSO, READ – Get Started using Apple Card: Apple Card
Right now, Cash App does not back payments to international beneficiaries. If you need to forward international payments, think about using another payment service.
How Secure Is Cash App?
According to Cash App, any details you tender is coded and sent to their servers securely, both over Wi-Fi connections or data services (3G, 4G, or EDGE).
Cash App is also a PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 compliant. PCI-DSS is an industry-standard set up by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to make sure that merchants stick to a high level of security when clarifying credit cards electronically.
While Cash App transactions are encrypted, you may also want to consider using a VPN (virtual private network) app when using monetary services like Cash App over public Wi-Fi.
To know more about Cash App security, read up on how it works on Square’s security policies page.
Cash App – Cash App apk
If you are ready to give Cash App a shot, here are the gradual instructions to configure the app on your smartphone and send your first payment. These directives apply to both iPhone and Android.
To start, you’ll need to download the Cash App to your smartphone.
- If you are using this app for the first time, you’ll be prompted to enter a phone number or email login ID. Choose how you want to receive confirmation codes from Cash App. A code will be sent to you to confirm your account.
- To confirm the app, enter the code that was sent into Cash App.
- Once confirmed, you’ll be asked to enter a bank using your debit card. You’ll need to enter your debit card number here (a credit card will not work). You can also bypass this step and add your debit card later.
- Put in your first and last name as it shows on your debit card.
- Select a $Cashtag, which is your distinctive identifier in the Cash App, and it can also be used to get paid by someone. A $Cashtag must contain at least one letter and a maximum of 20 characters. For example, $AaronSmith1234.
- You will be asked if you want to invite friends to get a Cash App bonus of $5. This step is strictly voluntary. You will have an option to add a contact later when making a payment.
How to Make a Payment Using Cash App
After installing Cash App on your smartphone, it is an easy matter to send money to someone. You need to have a payment medium set up and you need to have the receiver’s phone number, email address, or $Cashtag.
ADD A PAYMENT METHOD TO CASH APP
If you haven’t set up a debit card or other type of financing source yet, you’ll have to do this before sending payment. If you have already established a debit card, bypass this and go to the next section.
- To establish a payment method, open the Cash App, and click the bank building sign at the bottom of the screen.
Note that this bank sign will change to a $ sign depending on whether you have funds at your disposal for withdrawal in your account.
- On the next screen, you have the choice of opening a Bank Account (debit card), Cash, or Bitcoin for making a deposit. Choose the funding source you wish to use and follow the on-screen instructions.
SEND A PAYMENT USING CASH APP
Once you have established your funding source, then you can begin sending payments. With a few quick clicks, you’ll be sending money to your friends and family.
- From the Cash App transfer money screen, type in the amount you want to send, then click the Pay button at the bottom.
To get to the Cash App transfer money screen, tap the $ sign (in the middle) at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, enter the receiver’s name, $Cashtag, phone number, or email. To find all of your friends, tap Enable Contacts which will give Cash App entry your smartphone’s contact list and lets you see which of your contacts have Cash App installed.
Make sure the receiver is correct. If you send money to the wrong person, you may not be able to reclaim your money!
- If you have one or more types of payment method set up (for example, a debit card AND a credit card) you’ll want to identify the funding root before you pay. The funding root dropdown is located at the top of the screen (circled in yellow below).
The funding root dropdown is tiny and you might fail to notice. Be sure to select the correct funding root before clicking Pay. Once you click Pay, your payment is automatically sent and you can’t delete it.
- To complete the transfer, click Pay in the top right corner of the screen. If successful, you’ll receive a notification that your payment was sent.
- After you’ve sent the payment, the receiver will be informed of the payment.
The person that is receiving the money should also have Cash App installed on his smartphone in order to accept a payment. If you are not sure, check with the receiver before sending money.
How to Cash Out Using Cash App
If you have been credited through Cash App, you can cash out through the app using your bank account. Here’s how you can cash out.
- To cash out, open the Cash App and click the $ sign at the bottom left of the screen to enable you to gain access to your available funds.
- Then, click Cash Out. On the next screen, click Cash Out
- Select how you want to send funds to your bank. You can either do a speedy transfer for a fee, or a Standard transfer which will be between (one to three days).
- Select a U.S. bank to send your funds. If your bank is not on the list, you can look for it.
- Log in to your selected bank to complete the transfer.
If you have two-step verification set up with your bank, it may interfere with the transfer. If you encounter any issues with depositing your funds, visit your bank or reach out to Cash App’s help